A new has been published on the topic of MSP: 'MSP - Past, Present, Future'. s.Pro experts have made a significant contribution to this publication. Download the first comprehensive overview of MSP for FREE.
Countries across the globe are beginning to implement MSP; however the authors of this collection have identified several key questions that are emerging from this growing body of MSP experience. How can MSP deal with a complex and dynamic environment such as the sea? How can MSP be embedded in multiple levels of governance across regional and national borders – and how far does the environment benefit from this new approach? This book actively engages with the problems encapsulated in these questions, and explores possible solutions.
The book is edited by s.Pro's external experts Kira Gee and Jacek Zaucha.
Check out the following chapters written or co-authored by the experts of s.Pro sustainable projects:
- The Ocean Perspective by Kira Gee
- Challenges and Opportunities for Ecosystem-Based Management and Marine Spatial Planning in the Irish Sea by Tim O’Higgins, Linda O’Higgins, Anne Marie O’Hagan, and Joseph Onwona Ansong
- Maritime Spatial Planning and the EU’s Blue Growth Policy: Past, Present and Future Perspectives by Angela Schultz-Zehden, Barbara Weig, and Ivana Lukic
- The Need for Marine Spatial Planning in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction by Susanne Altvater, Ruth Fletcher, and Cristian Passarello
- Can Classical Location Theory Apply to Sea Space? by Jacek Zaucha
- Towards a Ladder of Marine/Maritime Spatial Planning Participation by Andrea Morf, Michael Kull, Joanna Piwowarczyk, and Kira Gee
Education and Training for Maritime Spatial Planners by Helena Calado, Catarina Fonseca, Joseph Onwona Ansong, Manuel
Frias, and Marta Vergílio
Read more about this publication here